Mainly used for the “oil-free” compressors and all those sectors in which you have the necessity of producing “clean” compressed air without lubrication.
The rings and the guide bands are employed in maintaining the perfect coaxiality between stem and cylinder avoiding problems during the linear movements or the piston rotation; usually mounted on tailored seats they could be produced on customer design using the most common materials for these products, chosen accurately basing on the kind of lubricants eventually used or many other application data.
The most common materials are:
- FLON-CHEM 1040: PTFE + 40% bronze;
- FLON-CHEM 1060: PTFE + 60% bronze;
- FLON-CHEM 1040M: PTFE + 40% bronze + Mos2;
- FLON-CHEM 1001M: PTFE + 25% glass + Mos2;
- FLON-CHEM 1002: PTFE + 25% Carbographite;
- FLON-CHEM 1000: PTFE Virgin;
- FLON-CHEM 1002: PTFE + 25% carbographite
- FLON-CHEM 1100J: PTFE + polyimide
- FLON-CHEM 1009: PTFE + aromatic polyester
- PE 1000 UHMW;
FF.GI Srl could also give technical advices based on the compressor type or the chamber material/coating; guide bands could be realized both from tube or tape; the sealing rings are made with a special machine that doesn’t need a second work to make the cut, granting maximum quality, precision, and finishing accuracy; the cut could be made even on customer design.